Thursday, October 28, 2010
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Monday, September 27, 2010
I also want to take this opportunity to welcome all the newcomers to our group! WELCOME! We are so glad you joined our group:)
Here's some highlights for your week:
Monday, September 27
- Children's Museum in The Woodlands is closed today. Go out and enjoy the beautiful weather! It would be a great day at the park. Click here for The Woodlands Parks Guide.
Tuesday, September 28
- Town Green Tuesday! You and your family can paint a canvas while basking in the outdoors. It's going to be perfect weather! See the calendar for more details!
Wednesday, September 29
- Waterway Wednesday! Take the kiddos to learn about different modes of transportation and bring home a toy, car, truck, and plane!
Thursday, September 30
- We will be having our playdate at the park today! Please go to Meetup website for details and to RSVP.
- FREE admission to the Houston Children's Museum from 5-8pm.
Friday, October 1 (Can you believe its October already??)
- Your better half will love this! The Toyota Texas Bass Classic will be all weekend long! Please view our blog calendar for more information including times for the concerts, and registration info.
Saturday, October 2
- Go help the ones in need by donating blood. Blood drive will be held from 8:00am-4:00pm. See the calendar for details!
- Grogans Mill Farmers Market 8am-12pm
- Second Annual Texas Strollathon at the Rob Fleming Park in The Woodlands
- Toyota Texas Bass Classic is still going on and BLAKE SHELTON will be doing the concert. Come out for the music and firework entertainment! Sounds like fun!
- Are you a Bank of America cardholder? You can get free admission to over 100 museums nationwide this weekend!
Just a reminder, Shara Tietz will be available to do professional photography for our group when we go to our Family Event at 7 Acre Woods (Pumpkin Patch). Please let her know what time slot you would like to reserve!
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
I'm so excited about our new blog calendar! Recently I have been writing up a brief description of the weekly community events on our blog. We now have a calendar that I am able to put community events on and link each event to their webpage for details!! (If you see an event you are interested in and would like more information, just click on it!)
This saves me time instead of having to type the descriptions and information, and it saves you time from having to read things that you aren't interested in! I will also be putting our family events, playdates, etc on the calendar but ALWAYS refers to the event calendar on our Meetup website for details and the most up to date information!
Check out our blog calendar now! Click on the calendar tab above!
Saturday, September 18, 2010
Sunday, September 19
- Kemah Boardwalk will be having their 2nd annual Wine Festival. Although it is a bit of a drive, it is a great place to take the family for the day. They will be having a delicious sampling of food & wine. Click here for more information! Sounds like fun!
- The City of Conroe Parks & Recreation Dept. will be holding its 11th annual FREE KidFish Fishing Derby from 1-4pm at Carl Barton, Jr. Park in Conroe. For more information on this event or other events held by the City of Conroe, please click here.
Monday, September 20
- Childrens Museum in The Woodlands will be closed today.
- Crafty Kids Themed Story Time will be held at the Barnes & Noble in The Woodlands at 11am.
Wednesday, September 22
-Story Times at the Charles B. Stewart West Branch Library in Montgomery
Toddler time- 10am (designed for children 18mths - 3 yrs of age)
Preschool time- 11am (designed for children over 3 who are preparing to attend kindergarten)
Thursday, September 23
- Childrens Museum in The Woodlands is having a FREE family night from 5-8 pm.
Friday, September 24
- "Mama Mania" A Spring Moms and Babes Fall Fest
This will be a great opportunity for Mothers of Montgomery to grow! Please check out the Meetup website for the time and place we will meet for this event. Don't forget to RSVP so we know you're coming!
For more information on this event click here.
Saturday, September 25
- We will be having our 1st Family Event! Join us for the Historical Montgomery Wine and Food Trail held annually in downtown Montgomery! Exact location and time for our group to meet up is still being discussed so please keep checking the Meetup website and don't forget to RSVP to the fun FREE event!
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and a great week:)
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
* If you missed the trip to the Children's Museum on Monday, now is your chance! Today they have free admission from 12pm - 6pm ONLY AT THE HOUSTON LOCATION unfortunately. Click here for more information and directions for the Houston Children's Museum FREE Sunday!
* If you also missed yesterdays FREE concert you can go today! There is another live concert at Woodlands Waterway Square starting at 6:30 pm. (R&B and pop music).
*Childrens Museum at the Woodlands location is open on the holiday!
* Have you ever wanted to try making your own pottery? Well now you can! You and your toddler can create your own masterpiece at Bear Branch Park in The Woodlands. This event happens every Tuesday from 9:30 am - 12 pm. Babysitting is provided on the first Tuesday of each month which would be today! Once you are done making your pottery, your piece will be glazed and fired in the kiln and will be available for pick up the following Tuesday!
Fees: $6/adult and $3/child + the cost of the pottery which ranges from $6-40.
Click here for directions to Bear Branch Park.
Check out our blog next week for more events! Hope to see you all at the playdate:)